- Contact Information and Rental Status Changes should be reported to the Tax Collector as soon as possible. Updates can be mailed with the tax return or reported by phone or email.
- Changes to Consolidated Accounts should be reported as soon as possible. Simply complete the appropriate forms for additions, changes or deletions or submit a report with the same information. Regardless of the format, it is very important that you keep your information up-to-date.
- Inactivate an Account if you sell or no longer rent property by notifying the Tax Collector and the Property Appraiser immediately.
- Due Date for remittance of the tourist tax to the Tax Collector’s Office is by the 20th day of the month following the collection. If postmarked on the 21st day of the month or after, delinquent interest and penalties must be added. The reporting month is the month in which the rent is collected.
- No Rental Activity in a month or quarter, you must file a zero return form or send a completed Affidavit to Inactivate Tourist Development Account. For seasonal rentals, contact our office at Info@SarasotaTaxCollector.com or 941.861.8300, option 3 to determine the best way to set up your account.
- Collection Allowance is forfeited if the return and payment are not postmarked by the 20th of the month following the reporting period and penalty and interest are assessed. The penalty is 10% of the tax due (minimum of $50) for each delinquent month or fraction of a month. The interest rate is variable. You will need to contact our office at Info@SarasotaTaxCollector.com or 941.861.8300, option 3 for instructions. In order to determine if the tax is timely, the Postal Service postmark is used, NOT the date generated by a business postage meter.